Re: Qt songs into aiff files?

i tunes for my project (August 29, 2008 03:39AM) julie
Hello
I wa wondering if I bought songs from itunes and then burned the cd shouldnt I be able to turn the format to a aiff file on any song? This is not hapening and I also was wondering what I need to do in order for it to be a aiff file for my fcp project? This has always worked in the pass... what can I do?

Jewels
Re: i tunes for my project (August 29, 2008 04:58AM) David Harbsmeier
Using music purchased from the iTunes Music Store in your FCP project is a voilation of the iTunes Music Store User Agreement as well as a violation of U.S. and international copyright laws.

-DH
Re: i tunes for my project (August 29, 2008 07:04AM) julie
Hello dave I am aware of that and use music for my own personal projects not to be sold - My question was how can I format the songs to aiff files from mpeg4's If you can help great otherthan that I have dont this before with music from itunes and had no problems please help

jewels
Re: i tunes for my project (August 29, 2008 07:50AM) Ken Stone Admin
Open the song in QT Pro and then Export as AIFF at 48k.

--ken
Re: i tunes for my project (September 02, 2008 09:35AM) julie
thank you Ken
jewels
Re: i tunes for my project (September 02, 2008 09:47AM) julie
thank you Ken
jewels
\
Hi Ken - I hve Qt 7.5 could I still export aiff files from QT 7.5?
Re: i tunes for my project (September 02, 2008 10:29AM) Ken Stone Admin
Yes.

--ken
Re: i tunes for my project (September 02, 2008 10:57AM) julie
Hi Ken glad I caught you - How in the world do I do this? I hve QT and have qt 7.2 what are the steps for this procedure?

Jewels
Re: i tunes for my project (September 02, 2008 11:19AM) Ken Stone Admin
Open the audio file in QT Player.

File Menu > Export .

In the "Export" section, set to AIFF.

Click on the Options button. Leave format as Linear PCM, set Rate to 48,000

--ken
Re: i tunes for my project (September 02, 2008 12:25PM) julie
Hi Ken I have been sitting here trying out your directions and it does not work - I have qt on my task bar I click on it - qt then appears on my top taskbar there is no audio file ( where would it be?) I have menu that read - I go to the file menu and it reads new player , new player recordig, url open file , open recent so which wold be my audio file? sorry but I am not getting anywhere?

Jewels
Re: i tunes for my project (September 02, 2008 12:43PM) Ken Stone Admin
Task bar, are you on a PC rather than a Mac?

--ken
Qt songs into aiff files? (September 02, 2008 01:08PM) julie
No I am on mac g4 I have always refered the bottom and top of my computer as taskbar when first learned computers can you help me cuz your instructions sound simple but for some reason I cannot get it?
Re: Qt songs into aiff files? (September 02, 2008 01:22PM) Ken Stone Admin
There is nothing I can add, this is a simple thing to do. Drop the audio file you want to convert onto the QT Player icon and export.

--ken
Re: Qt songs into aiff files? (September 02, 2008 01:52PM) David Harbsmeier
The song shows up in your iTunes playlist ... correct?

If so, right-click on it and select "Show Song File."

A window should open with the file highlighted.

Right-click on that file and select "Open With" and then QuickTime Player (when the list shows itself).

Once the file opens in QuickTime, go to File-Export.

When the Export window opens, look at the bottom left of the window - find the EXPORT drop down menu.

Choose "Sound to AIFF."

In the OPTIONS drop down menu, choose 48khz, 16 bit stereo.

Select a location for the new file to be saved to.

Hit the Save button in the lower right-hand corner of the main Export window.

-DH
Re: Qt songs into aiff files? (September 04, 2008 07:38AM) julie
Hi Dave
Thanks for responding. I have done what you asked and for some reason I dont know why I cannot just get a simple aiff made the way you and ken keep telling me. I have QT pro so I should not have any problems, could this be that somewhere my settings are incorrect? I have songs from itunes and 90 percent of them I have been able to convert ACC files to Aiff files if you have any answers please let me know. For instance I may not have my qt set up correct I dont know my husband adn I bought over internet, but my point is I go to qt pro , file and for some reason export is never open for me to use in other words it is sahded and will not let me choose? This is so frustrating when I was able to dothis before hmm?

Jewels
Re: Qt songs into aiff files? (September 03, 2008 04:50AM) Tom George
The way some people do this is to copy the files to a CD then reimport them back into FCP.

Tom
Re: Qt songs into aiff files? (September 04, 2008 07:47AM) julie
Thanks I have done tht too in the past and that is the main reason I was able to go back into itunes and make aiff files from AAC or mpeg files?

Jewels
Re: i tunes for my project (September 02, 2008 01:38PM) julie
I guess I am a bit confussed when you tell me all the steps and I cannot seem to find audio file? If I can make aiff files from my itunes music that i can use in my fcp projects that would be great so if there is any other things you can tell please do... :))

Jewels
Re: i tunes for my project (September 02, 2008 01:44PM) Ken Stone Admin
The music you want to convert is an audio file.

--ken
Re: i tunes for my project (September 02, 2008 01:48PM) julie
yes did you just get that now? Oh I am really not explaining things very well just like dave mentioned so sorry yes Ken, I have several music i purchased and they are ACC files that cannot play in FCP so I have to convert them to aiff files could this be helped?

jewels
Re: i tunes for my project (September 02, 2008 01:53PM) Ken Stone Admin
As Divid also said, if you purchase the music from iTunes you will not be able to convert or use it in FCP. All iTunes purchases have DRM, copyright protection. If you look at the audio file in the iTunes Library, look at the icon, it probably has a little lock on it, meaning that it has DRM.

--ken
Re: i tunes for my project (September 02, 2008 01:59PM) David Harbsmeier
ps: On a Mac, the top bar is called the "Menu Bar." The bottom bar is called the "Dock." Don't ask me about the Finder ... I've had Macs since '94 and have never been able to wrap my head around the Finder concept.

-DH
Re: i tunes for my project (September 02, 2008 02:18PM) julie
hi Ken I am aware of that law but in itunes I have always been able to convert the acc music files to aiff files to my belief I am sure that the only music fcp will paly is aiff files correct/ let me know if I am wrong. But that is why Ihave done oit all these years my dvd are also mostly for friends and locals and if I were to go to do tv stations etc then I would not use the itunes music. So long in short are you saying you yourself can change the format of music file to an aiff file from qt pro/ please let me know.

Jewels
Re: i tunes for my project (September 02, 2008 02:34PM) Ken Stone Admin
Has nothing to do with the law. DRM is software that is embedded in the audio file.

If you ripped CD music into iTunes, then there would be no DRM.

iTunes music with DRM does not play in FCP, been like this for a long time.

That's why some people have come up with workarounds to strip the DRM off, so they can use it.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login