Re: Taking the Blu-Ray plunge

Taking the Blu-Ray plunge (August 30, 2008 08:23AM) filmguy3d
Ken,

To be competitive in my market, I am ready to take the Blu-Ray plunge w/ a package from MCE. Easy stepping to begin with the Toast 9 software. I've read some remarks on this board regarding.. anything I should be aware of with MacPro/FCP and the MCE package?

Thanks Always,
John
Re: Taking the Blu-Ray plunge (August 30, 2008 12:30PM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi John,

It's you whot is one the cutting edge and we're all sitting here waiting to hear what you have to say.

(g)

--ken
Re: Taking the Blu-Ray plunge (August 30, 2008 12:43PM) filmguy3d
Ken,

My word...Now that's really scary. It'll be here in two days...

...and ordering more plain yogurt.

John
Re: Taking the Blu-Ray plunge (August 30, 2008 01:41PM) Ken Stone Admin
John,

As they like to say, "keep us posted".

--ken
Re: Taking the Blu-Ray plunge (August 31, 2008 05:41AM) filmographer
I was considering the Panasonic internal Blu Ray from OWC drive on my new system (if I ever sell this one) but I first looked at the MCE... the Panasonic is a couple hundred less though. Isn't the only real authoring and burning option Adobe encore?
Re: Taking the Blu-Ray plunge (August 31, 2008 07:52AM) ronny courtens
Re: Taking the Blu-Ray plunge (August 31, 2008 10:23AM) filmguy3d
From the feed I just read it looks like Toast is the only reliable deal w/ BR... Has anyone had success with Toast 9/ MacPro /BR even tho it has limitations....I don't understand how these major companies like Encore can manufacture/sell stuff that doesn't work. It reminds me as a child I got a "Dick Tracy Wrist Radio" for Christmas which was supposed to receive AM radio signals via a crystal set. The instructions were long and winding, wrapping wires around bed springs, radiators, dead stepmothers..or being as close as 50 yards from a radio transmitter...then the final sentence: "Remember your Dick Tracy Wrist Radio is just a toy."

Keep the faith//John
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login