Re: Exporting still from anamorphic sequence

Exporting still from anamorphic sequence (August 31, 2008 07:55PM) Catriona
Hello all,

I am trying to create a still from an anamorphic sequence but the resulting stills are all coming out at 4:3. I am using fcp 6.0.4, and am exporting the frame using quicktime conversion. I tried going into Easy Setup and checking that it was set to anamorphic there, and it wasn't, so I changed it, but then the stills were still coming out at 4:3. I'm not sure of where else (in the program) I could go to try and fix it, I'll keep looking and trying to figure it out but if someone here knows the answer that would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Catriona
Re: Exporting still from anamorphic sequence (September 01, 2008 03:57AM) ronny courtens
Hi Catriona,

Anamorphic really IS a 4:3 format, so when you export a still frame from anamorphic video it will be 4:3 with your widescreen picture squished inside. If you want an anamorphic still to be displayed as widescreen, you must change its size and pixel aspect ratio.

There are two ways you can do this:

1. Bring your still in Photoshop and change its size to PAL or NTSC widescreen (1024x576 square pixels for PAL or 864x486 square pixels for NTSC). Don't forget to un-check the Constrain Proportions option. While in Photoshop, also check the gamma of your still. Stills from video often are too dark.

2. Open your still with QT player, press CMD+J, click the video tab and change the size of the still here. Then Save.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Exporting still from anamorphic sequence (September 01, 2008 02:47PM) Catriona
Thank you Ronny, that really helped.

Cheers,
Catriona
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login