Does my QT movie still have chapter markers?

Does my QT movie still have chapter markers? (September 01, 2008 05:26AM) filmographer
A while ago I created a QT self contained movie of my project to then drag into compressor. I later (meaning today) imported that QT movie into FCP 6 to make some changes to it (the original footage and project had been long deleted, but it was easy to work with this) and of course I do not SEE the original chapter markers, but are they there? I need to bring this into compressor again to prepare it for DVD, and I am wondering if I need to create all new chapter markers or if they are imbedded (even though I do not see them in the timeline) in this QT self contained movie I am working with, since originally I of course placed chapter markers before creating the QT movie and bringing into compressor.
Re: Does my QT movie still have chapter markers? (September 01, 2008 05:51AM) Ken Stone Admin
Very good question.

If you exported as a self contained and checked the box to include DVD SP markers, then we know that the markers are embedded in the export.

Don't know what happens when you bring a self contained back into FCP, I would assume that the markers are still there. But don't know what happens when you re export as a new self contained for DVD SP.

Once it's on the timeline you coulod export a small section that you know has a chapter marker and drop that back into DVD SP. Does the chapter marker show up in DVD SP?

You could also try 'deleteing all chapter markers in the FCP timeline and restetting them. Mark menu > Markers > Delete all.

Let us know what you find out.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login