Chapter markers, what's the protocol?

Chapter markers, what's the protocol? (September 02, 2008 12:30PM) filmographer
I have a question that is really a matter of style I suppose... here it is:
If I am editing a wedding video and am placing chapter markers at significant points, should I place the marker just BEFORE the scene in question (the end of the preceding scene) or just a few seconds INTO the scene that I am marking because it is significant? I create a jumpback with titles before every really significant scene (cake cutting, toasts, first dance) but not before every scene that requires a chapter marker placed there. So what is the protocol for when it is simply a scene transition?
Re: Chapter markers, what's the protocol? (September 02, 2008 01:46PM) Ken Stone Admin
I guess that everyone is different but I put my chapter markers at the edit point.

--ken
Re: Chapter markers, what's the protocol? (September 02, 2008 02:41PM) filmographer
You can put a chapter marker right at the edit point even if there is a scene transition? I thought you could not do that?
Re: Chapter markers, what's the protocol? (September 02, 2008 02:46PM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: Chapter markers, what's the protocol? (September 02, 2008 05:49PM) filmographer
I don't know why I thought I could not add a chapter marker in the middle of a transition... I re-read thee article about chapter/compression markers that I originally read more than a year ago when I was first introduced to FCP... I have sooo much more to learn! Thanx as usual...
MC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login