Re: Adjusting audio length on DVDSP menus

Adjusting audio length on DVDSP menus (September 03, 2008 06:21AM) filmographer
When I create my menus in DVDSP I drag an audio file over the menu and that's that. However, someone recently told me that they find it annoying that it plays for about 30 seconds and starts over... is there a way to adjust the length of that audio over the menus so it is longer?
Re: Adjusting audio length on DVDSP menus (September 03, 2008 09:41AM) Ken Stone Admin
The duration of the audio is set by the duration of the 'looping' motion menu. Most are set to 30 seconds. In order to have the audio play longer, you'll need to lengthen the duration of the montion menu. See attached set to 51 seconds.

--ken
Re: Adjusting audio length on DVDSP menus (September 03, 2008 04:21PM) Alexander
However, it's better to have a smooth audio transition in your loop (not mid- beat jumps)
You have to know how long you want the loop to be, then build it in fcp where you have
total control before transcoding to m2v and ac3

Cheers
Alexander
Re: Adjusting audio length on DVDSP menus (September 04, 2008 04:30AM) Tom George
Good advice Alexander. I adjust the length in the FCP timeline and (if needed) ramp it up at the beginning and ramp it down at the end. Results in DVDSP has been great.

Tom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login