Re: DISCOVERY CHANNEL AD

DISCOVERY CHANNEL AD (September 04, 2008 04:56PM) matt
hi all

Discovery Channel (currently airing in Australia) has an advert for "Filthy Jobs". It shows a lot of stills that are given some sort of effect that makes them look 3 dimensional. This effect was also used during the Olympic promos recently as well as a similar effect for "Deadliest Catch". Does anyone know how they are doing this - I'm assuming something like Photoshop and After Effects/Motion but have been unable to obtain a suitable "copy". I have a school project that I think this effect would look great on. Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks for the discussion board Ken, great idea.
Re: DISCOVERY CHANNEL AD (September 04, 2008 10:44PM) David Harbsmeier
The effect involves separating the foreground elements of the image from the background and placing the foreground on it's own layer. Then the layers can be individually manipulated in your chosen NLE. Sometimes they've separated elements of the image into multiple layers for a more detailed effect.

-DH
Re: DISCOVERY CHANNEL AD (September 05, 2008 01:13AM) matt
thanks David, much appreciated - any knowledge of vid tutorials covering this ?
Re: DISCOVERY CHANNEL AD (September 05, 2008 01:18AM) Videot
Re: DISCOVERY CHANNEL AD (September 06, 2008 08:38PM) matt
THANKS TO ALL FOR THEIR SUGGESTIONS - I found something called the "ken burns effect" and think that this is the forerunner to the effect that I'm chasing. Will play and advise as to the out come of my project. Again, thanks to all, much appreciated.

matt
Re: DISCOVERY CHANNEL AD (September 10, 2008 01:01PM) Anonymous User
Read the AE blog...anyone know if you can bring the PS into Motion and how to do it there? Thanks.
George
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login