Importing music into FCP from Itunes

Importing music into FCP from Itunes (September 04, 2008 06:59PM) Coxe
Hi there .... when I import music into FCP from Itunes I notice the music seems to sound a little flat as if some of the treble is missing ...... is this normal or am i doing something wrong in the transfer ....... any ideas will be welcomed ...... cheers Terry
Re: Importing music into FCP from Itunes (September 04, 2008 10:40PM) David Harbsmeier
Audio files imported into FCP should be AIFF format at 48khz, 16 bit. Do the files you're bringing in from iTunes meet those specs?

-DH
Re: Importing music into FCP from Itunes (September 04, 2008 11:21PM) Coxe
Hi David ...... yes , the file is AIFF format ..... 48khz and 16 bit
Re: Importing music into FCP from Itunes (September 05, 2008 05:13AM) Ellen Frick
Just learned this yesterday--convert in iTunes and then drag aiff file into browser. Specifics from apple fcp discussion board:

Using iTunes

To convert an MP3 or AAC file1 to AIFF using iTunes, follow these steps:

1. Open iTunes.
2. From the iTunes menu, choose Preferences.
3. Click the Advanced icon at the top of the Preferences.
4. Click the Importing tab.
5. From the Import Using pop-up menu, choose AIFF Encoder instead of MP3 or AAC encoders.
6. If you are going to use this file in a DV video editing program such as Final Cut Pro or iMovie:
1. From the Setting menu, choose Custom.
2. From the Sample Rate pop-up menu, choose 48.000 kHz. This is the standard sample rate for DV.2
3. From the Sample Size pop-up menu, choose 16 bit.
4. From the Channels pop-up menu choose Stereo (or Mono if your files are monaural).
5. Click OK.
7. Click OK again.
8. If the file you are converting is already in your iTunes library, select the song, then choose Convert Selection to AIFF from the Advanced menu. If the file is not in your iTunes library, hold the Option key down while choosing Convert Selection to AIFF and then locate the file for the song you want to convert on your hard disk.
Re: Importing music into FCP from Itunes (September 05, 2008 11:36AM) Jim Monroe
Except of course if it was purchased from the iTunes store!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login