Re: DVD won't mount

DVD won't mount (September 04, 2008 11:41PM) Jasper
Hi everyone,
Not a really urgent issue here and also not directly FCP stuff but just checking if there are more of you with this problem:

When I try to view a "home"-burnt DVD (wether it's a selfmade film, data DVD's or a ripped movie, that doesn't matter), my macbook pro won't mount the thing.
The same with the MacPro's in the office. Burning a DVD works fine, and as long as it is not ejected it will play fine but when i put it back in it's spinning up and down and ejects it without mounting.
I browsed some forums and I get the idea that it has either something to do with a recent firmware update that mucks up the DVD player, or it's dust inside the player.
Funny thing is the office is very clean (the situation at my house, since I have a cat, is another story. okay..) so dust is almost out of the question. Besides, CD's work fine.
Anyone got the same problem?

Greetings from Groningen
Jasper
Re: DVD won't mount (September 05, 2008 12:22AM) Mike Davey
Firstly, i would recommend repair disk permissions using disk utility as a starting point.

Cheers
Re: DVD won't mount (September 05, 2008 04:46AM) John Livings
Hi Jasper,

I have had the same problem, Several DVDs would not Mount in drive 1, But would Mount in Drive 2. Also Some would Mount in Drive 1 but not Drive 2....

I tried many things, Like using a Cleaning Disk, Re-Setting Everything I could think of, Called Mac Support.....

Finally I checked the Bottom surface of the Disks, They looked Perfect, To Perfect. So I rubbed the Bottom side (A No-No) on my shirt and kind of "Scuffed" them up a bit. IT WORKED. I don't know why, Static Charge?, Some Transfer from the Case?,
It's worth a try, I hope works for you.

Regards, John
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login