Can't print HDV timeline to miniDV VCR deck

Can't print HDV timeline to miniDV VCR deck (November 08, 2011 12:04AM) philsfilm
Hi Ken,

I've seen this problem on your forum in the past.
I'm running FCP 6.0.6 and am trying to output an HDV 1080i60 (1440X1080) 29.97 fps timeline to my Sony M1OU miniDV deck for a client who wants miniDV. I've tried many different video/audio settings in FCP plus switching the VCR deck setting from Auto to HDV. Nothing has worked. The deck simply does not see the video/audio signal. My Firewire 800 patch is fine because I am able to capture video from the deck. Any ideas on how to make this work?

Thanks,
Phil
Re: Can't print HDV timeline to miniDV VCR deck (November 08, 2011 04:44AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Phil,

I have never printed to taope with HDV.

Does the deck have a LCD screen? If so, can you play the timeline and see the video on the LCD screen?

--ken
Re: Can't print HDV timeline to miniDV VCR deck (November 08, 2011 05:19AM) philsfilm
Yes and yes but when I "print to video" or press record and play the timeline it doesn't see or hear it.
Re: Can't print HDV timeline to miniDV VCR deck (November 08, 2011 05:47AM) XGTV
Hi Phil, have you checked the deck input menu. Could be that it's set to analogue, CV or S.

Just a thought....
Re: Can't print HDV timeline to miniDV VCR deck (November 08, 2011 06:57AM) philsfilm
The VCR setting is HDV/Auto as opposed to HDV. The iLink conversion "HDV to DV" setting is Off.
Re: Can't print HDV timeline to miniDV VCR deck (November 08, 2011 09:04AM) XGTV
Phil, I haven't used that particular deck but normally the video in settings are separate to the out settings, i.e. you can record from an analogue source if you choose to make the CV or Svideo as the input, whist the output setting is iLink, or vice versa - iLink - in. CV - out. Or iLink - in and out.

Best wishes.
Re: Can't print HDV timeline to miniDV VCR deck (November 08, 2011 06:54AM) steve douglas
It could be the iLink setting within your cams menu.
Steve
Re: Can't print HDV timeline to miniDV VCR deck (November 08, 2011 09:16AM) XGTV
Phil, I just found this on the web. It looks like the in's and out's are independently switchable.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login