earliest mac laptop and specs to comfortably fun fcp 6

earliest mac laptop and specs to comfortably fun fcp 6 (September 08, 2008 01:51AM) aforantman
Hi all,

I have an imac 24 inch at home for my fcp 6 software.
I want to get a cheap portable solution for a "secondies".

What is the earliest laptop and what specs would it need to comfortably run fcp 6.
Basically I dont want it to continually fall over. I dont need mega quick rendering time as I can swap back to the imac at home.

I basically need the latest version on both for compatibility, but on the laptop I will just be doing basic cuts and having the portability of working at a partners place. i will be using an external hard drive for the media storage which I will be swapping between the two computers..

I'd really love to hear your thoughts.

I dont want to over spend, but at the same time I dont want to get something that clearly isnt up to the task.
What are my options???

thanks again...

aforantman...
Re: earliest mac laptop and specs to comfortably fun fcp 6 (September 08, 2008 06:42AM) Christoph Vonrhein
Re: earliest mac laptop and specs to comfortably fun fcp 6 (September 08, 2008 07:54PM) aforantman
Thanks for the info. I was even thinking that the new mac books "13 inch screens" are really cheap. (my how macs have come down in price, its been a while since i looked.). potentially having the option of plugging in an external monitor when necessary...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login