Re: Motion 3d Lock Back ground to camera

Motion 3d Lock Back ground to camera (September 08, 2008 07:20AM) syb
Hi, I'm trying to create something in motion, I have a moving background from the content folder called "encounter". I have various photos that i want a moving camera to move around, but when the camera moves you see the black edges where the background stops. So I want is to lock the background to the camera, so the background is always in shot. There must be a way of doing this but I don't have a clue.

Also second thing is when i put a camera behavior zoom layer the layer i select to doesn't zoom in, It just zooms out on the whole project, Any Ideas??

Thanks

Ally
Re: Motion 3d Lock Back ground to camera (September 09, 2008 04:25AM) ronny courtens
Re: Motion 3d Lock Back ground to camera (September 09, 2008 04:44AM) ronny courtens
Your second question:

If you use the Camera zoom layer Behavior, start with two layers and adjust the Zoom settings until you get the right move. Depending on the position of your layer you must set the zoom to -1 (minus) to zoom in.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Motion 3d Lock Back ground to camera (September 10, 2008 03:27AM) syb
Thanks Ronny for your help, did what you said and its starting to look like I wanted, The Issue I have now is when I place a dolly behavior to the camera, so i want the camera to track through the middle but I don't want the background to get closer because i want to add more pictures. Bit like a camera fly down a long corridor fly past pictures on both walls

Any ideas
Re: Motion 3d Lock Back ground to camera (September 10, 2008 05:53AM) ronny courtens
Hi Ally,

Thanks for the picture. I see you still have your background in 3D and that's the problem.

Go to the Background layer and click the 2D/3D icon to switch the layer from 3D to 2D (see attached pic). If you get a warning, just click OK. Now your background will be 2D and the camera will not have any effect on it anymore.

To use the Camera dolly behavior your photos must all have a different place in Z-space (e.g. pic 1 = zero, pic 2 = -500, pic 3 = -1000 etc...). Then you apply the Behavior to your camera.

If you send me a PM with your e-mail address I will send you a complete Motion project folder with animated photos on your background, so you can see how to do this.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login