Re: 720p or 1080p and mixing with SD?

720p or 1080p and mixing with SD? (September 08, 2008 08:01AM) Digilux
Hallo,

i have to make video's which will play on a LCD screen in a hairdressing salon. We still have to buy the screen, it will be around 40 inch. The video's which will be played still needs to be edited, there a plenty very hi res photos availabel, titles will be made in Motion or after effects but the down side is that most of the source video is standard pall resolution. Of course there are options like display the pal resoltions video's at actuel size which some graphic frame around it, but we like to use some upscaling. The stills have plenty resolutition and offcourse the graphics also, at this point i'am doubting the edit the whole production at 720p or go with 1080p. If whe go with 1080p we need to do more upscaling in FCP, if we use 720p either should we buy a 720p LCD or is it okay for a 1080p sreen to upscale the 720p (containing already upscaled pal......)

If the whole edit would be done in SD resolution then we would not be using the excellent quality from the stills, therefore we like to use go with a 1080p project and convert all the interlaced pall to non interlaced. Still i'am very much woried about the upscaling.......

Any advice?

Thanx!!!

Ronald

(edit: change title)

Re: 720p or 1080p and mixing with SD? (September 13, 2008 05:31AM) Digilux
No answer here, but set-up is chosen so therefore topic can be closed.

Set-up will be, 1 sony 40 inch 1080p monitor driven by a macmini. New matterial will be shot at 1080p and old pal matteriaal will be placed in a frame. The whole edit will be in 1080p.

Cheers,

Ronald
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login