Re: DVD studio pro

DVD studio pro (December 05, 2011 11:19AM) Bradas
Hi,
I have been on this forum before regarding dvd studio pro. I've edited a programme and made a quick time.mov of it and save it to my g raid external hard drive as usual, but when I try to import into dvd studio, INCOMPATIBLE FORMAT appears. this has happened before, but its been a long time. I haven't changed any settings, and I've done this routine all the time and never any problems since. I done a disk repair on utilities but it still wont work. Its 11.21 gb, dimensions 1024 x 576, codecs H.264, LinearPCM. The size of file is ok as I have burnt onto dvd with bigger files. I know compressor is supposed to work, but I'd rather do it the way I have been. ant help please on what I'm doing wrong or what is causing the problem. thank you.
Re: DVD studio pro (December 05, 2011 12:23PM) David Harbsmeier
Re: DVD studio pro (December 05, 2011 11:20PM) Bradas
The sequence settings are XDCAM EX 720P25 VBR. I haven't changed the settings at all. The power went off during editing due to lightning, unless something happened the ext hard drive, but it appears to be ok. Should I have it on another setting. I've tried to import other files which I have burnes successfully, but I can't import those either.
Re: DVD studio pro (December 06, 2011 02:19AM) Videot
Unless you plan to make an HD-DVD (I don't think DVD-SP does BluRay, does it? Anyone?), you don't need to bring a 1024x576 file into it because it will only get crushed down to standard-def resolution anyway.

Perhaps try bringing your QT movie into Compressor and choose one of the DVD settings there (be sure to use both a video and an audio CODEC from the setting of your choice).

When the compression is done, bring both files (most likely an .m2v file and an .ac3 file) into DVD Studio Pro and proceed as usual.

Good luck.

- M.
Re: DVD studio pro (December 06, 2011 03:41AM) Bradas
Thanks for the replies M, and DH. You're right about dvd sp doesn't do blue ray. I'll try that now in compressor and hopefully that should work. But I'm still none the clearer on why I cant import files in to dvd studio. I haven't changed anything so does anyone know or tell me what has happened? Thanks.
Re: DVD studio pro (December 07, 2011 01:23AM) David Harbsmeier
You say you haven't changed anything, but the specs you posted for the file show it to be H.264. As I stated earlier, DVD-SP does not work with H.264 files, hence the error message you're receiving.

-DH
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login