converting mpeg4 to aiff

converting mpeg4 to aiff (September 08, 2008 01:08PM) julie
Hello In every blog I read it expresses that AAC song files have a file name extension of .m4a it also mentions going into imovie and being able to convert to aiff files there too. so my question still lies between is there some diconections on my mac?for instance I have moved around so much that I have a new email address but when checked by qt it has my old email address. I just need someone who can tell me what it may be there may be little things out of tune on my mac that are making it impossible for me to convert my audio files. some files are AAC and some are mpeg files - I am just trying desperatly to find an answer. i do however find it hard to understand directions and know that you all have given me easy uncomplicated ways but still not working.

Jewels
Re: converting mpeg4 to aiff (September 08, 2008 02:09PM) David Harbsmeier
If the AAC/m4a files have DRM metadata embedded in them you won't be able to convert them with QuickTime or iTunes. If you want to use that particular song legally, contact the copyright holder and negotiate synchronization rights.

-DH
Re: converting mpeg4 to aiff (September 08, 2008 02:44PM) julie
thanks I was able to convert always from an aac file to atleast an mp3 file and am reminded but my computer sometimes does not cooperate. I have been given feedback on what to do such as your previous input and i read other blogs and they too have had the same problem and given same instruction that you and ken gave to ME they were also able to change thier M4a files into aiff files so go figure, Jewels
Re: converting mpeg4 to aiff (September 08, 2008 02:48PM) julie
I thought I was suppose to have an actual file that said qt appl file which is why I was confused now I get it I know that the icon of qt is right in front of me I did not know taht that was the application- I have been told to drag audio file to qt appl file and when I would try to drop my audio ( music file 0 ont the actaul icon it would never except it so that too is why it thrpogh me off.

Thanks again
Jewels
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login