Re: my connection to internet may be source of problems?

my connection to internet may be source of problems? (September 08, 2008 01:54PM) julie
I would assume some of my problems may be caused because my internet connection is not set effeceintly? my connection has me on phone and I have cable? It is also asking me about vpn? I just think this may be a source of a few problems on my computer. regarding audio all along (Ken) you have asked me to simply go to QT appl icon and i cannot locate it anywhere, even when I go to finder? If you or anyone has some suggestions please let me know/

Jewels
Re: my connection to internet may be source of problems? (September 08, 2008 02:04PM) David Harbsmeier
Julie,

Some of your statements make no sense. For example; "my connection has me on phone and I have cable?" What does that mean? You're on the phone while watching cable? Or do you mean you have a cable modem but your internet settings on your Mac are set for a dial-up modem?

What does any of this have to do with your audio? If you do suspect that your Mac's internet connection is causing problems, disconnect the internet connection (ethernet (Cat5) cable or phone line) and see if the problem still persists. If it does, then that wasn't the problem.

QuickTime Player is an application and it's icon should be located in your Applications folder.

-DH
Re: my connection to internet may be source of problems? (September 08, 2008 02:37PM) julie
Hi dave that is exactly what I was trying to say about my internet connection thank you I will try that. I know that QT is or should be in application folder I actually have to gp to preffrences in applications I am here now and in qt streaming it is set on 1.5 Mbps T1/intanet/lan when I click on advance it says quicktime music sythesizer and transport I have set to custom however I have looked for Qt appl icon so I can play or convert my audio to aiff files and Ken assked me to go to that particular file and I cannot find it? so I dont know what it is that I dont get but, if I cannot find that application then I cannot do what you or he ask of me that seems to be very simple to do so its frustratiing and I am sure it ison your end too being that you had to hear my scramble once again sorry.

Jewels
Re: my connection to internet may be source of problems? (September 08, 2008 04:37PM) steve douglas
Julie,
Go to your hard drive (boot drive) icon on your desktop...you will see the applications folder...open the applications folder and scroll down until you see the Q icon. That is your Quick Time application. Drag the QT icon to your dock and drop it in. This will be your alias for the QT in your apps folder. Leave it in your dock for easy access. Very basic stuff here and other than new version downloads, this has little to do with your internet connection. With all respect, I suggest you go to your nearest Apple store and take a few of their basic Apple classes so that you become familiar with your operating system and the lexicon used in editing.
Steve

Re: my connection to internet may be source of problems? (September 09, 2008 03:25AM) David
Julie, a small improvement in your grammar and punctuation will get you a long way on this forum. I don't mean to criticize, but your posts looks like a teenager's text message, and gives some the impression that you're not all that serious about your work. Just a thought...

DD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login