Re: HD Output for BluRay

HD Output for BluRay (September 10, 2008 05:24PM) bigeventvv
I've given up waiting for MAC to offer Bluray burning software so I purchased Encore pro3 for that purpose as recommended by a poster here several months ago. My basic question is this: What export settings will generate the best quality for a 2 Hour Final Cut program to produce an HD quality asset for import onto a Bluray disc? I have programs on both Final Cut Express and Final Cut Pro that are about 2 Hours long and I don't want the data to be overly compressed leaving excess space on the 25G Bluray disc. I don't mind longer render times to achieve better quality. Also, is there a significant quality difference using 1080X1440 vs 1080X1920 on the rendered version? I assume exporting with compressor is the only high quality option as opposed to using Quick Time conversion. Any guidance you offer will be very helpful...especially from anyone who has actually used Encore 3 for this same purpose. Thanks.

Brent V
Re: HD Output for BluRay (September 10, 2008 05:43PM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: HD Output for BluRay (September 11, 2008 05:31AM) bigeventvv
Ken,

The link you provided contains Exactly the information I needed. Thanks!

One follow up question: I notice that previously exporting 2 Hour projects shot on HD and edited on Final Cut Express produced Quick Time Movies averaging about 23G in size. When I do the same in Final Cut Pro they seem to be about 4-5G in size. Are these versions sacrificing quality for space or is this simply a superior method that maximizes both quality and space?

Brent
Re: HD Output for BluRay (September 11, 2008 06:49AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Brent,

Are exporting from FCP and FCE is exactly the same way, as QT, not with conversion, self contained, current settings?

--ken
Re: HD Output for BluRay (September 11, 2008 02:21AM) jrosson
jeez ... where is apple?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login