Re: Blurry still image after output to QT movie

Blurry still image after output to QT movie (February 10, 2012 03:08AM) yetifan
Hey there...

I have an image of a map that I need in a film I'm working on.

I've made several attempts with two different type files of the same image...a 1.9 MB jpg & a 23 MB TIFF.

Both files look fine in the Viewer and, after rendering, look fine in the Canvas.

However, both are not very sharp in a QT self-contained export.

The frame size of both files is 2324 X 4096 and the Vid rate is 23.98.

My sequence settings are:

Frame Size: 1920 X 1080

Aspect ratio: HDTV 1080i (16:9)

Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square

Field Dominance: Upper (Odd)

Editing Timebase: 29.97

QuickTime Video Settings: Compressor: Apple ProRes 422

Quality: 100%

Thanks in advance,
Scott
Re: Blurry still image after output to QT movie (February 10, 2012 04:54AM) DrakeHale33
Try a PNG, and if your not "Ken Burns" effecting the image you can scale it down in Photoshop
Re: Blurry still image after output to QT movie (February 11, 2012 04:55AM) yetifan
PNG still looked blurry. I don't have Photoshop.
Re: Blurry still image after output to QT movie (February 11, 2012 10:56AM) Joe Redifer
Are you exporting as ProRes 422 as well?
Re: Blurry still image after output to QT movie (February 11, 2012 10:59AM) yetifan
I've been going right out of the Timeline via the "Send" option to Compressor.
Re: Blurry still image after output to QT movie (February 11, 2012 03:17PM) Joe Redifer
OK, but what is the final file? Is it a Quciktime file encoded as ProRes 422? Try not using Compressor, just export as a Quicktime file. Since you are working in ProRes anyway, going out through Compressor is probably not doing any good and just wastes more time because it is pretty slow. Exporting (not with conversion) to a Quicktime 1080p 23.98fps ProRes 422 file should net you the exact same results you see on your timeline.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login