Re: Hurricane Ike

Hurricane Ike (September 11, 2008 02:26PM) David
Looks like we're about to get a hurricane enema, with Hurricane Ike bearing down on the Houston ship channel. I suppose now would be a good time to back up everything? :( I've been wanting some good hurricane footage... aren't I lucky!

DD
Re: Hurricane Ike (September 11, 2008 03:01PM) Ken Stone Admin
David,

Don't forget to tie yourself to the mast.

--ken
Re: Hurricane Ike (September 11, 2008 03:48PM) Hauffen
Take care, Dave; I spent my teen years not too far from where you live, along the Golf of Mexico, and I'll never forget what facing a hurricane is like.
Re: Hurricane Ike (September 11, 2008 03:53PM) David
We decided to ride this one out. Expecting 100 mph winds tomorrow evening. Will keep you posted as long as we have electricty and internet. Gotta start boxing up stuff...

DD
Re: Hurricane Ike (September 11, 2008 06:07PM) ronny courtens
Good luck David, and keep us posted.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Hurricane Ike (September 12, 2008 01:52AM) David
Friday 8:45 a.m. Calm and sunny, but that will change by midafternoon. Homeland Security projects Galveston Island will be under water by late evening. At 25 ft. elevation in Baytown, the 20 ft. surge should not be an immediate threat. It's the 110mph wind that will pose the most danger. Edit suite (ok, it's just a computer, monitor, ext. drive) secure as long as a tree doesn't fall on my house. Three years ago we evacuated INTO the storm during hurricane Rita as it made its way into east Texas, so we will sit here and see what happens. Hope to get some footage.

DD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login