Output/export DVD video via firewire to DVCAM recorder

Output/export DVD video via firewire to DVCAM recorder (September 12, 2008 07:45AM) hamcomm
I have a DVD that was burned from a tabletop DVD/HDD recorder/burner. The MacPro recognizes the video clip with no problem. When I click on the thumbnail it plays fine. I need to firewire it out of the Mac to make a safety copy on a DVCAM videotape. No can do! Any suggestions, Thanks, hamcomm
Re: Output/export DVD video via firewire to DVCAM recorder (September 12, 2008 08:17AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: Output/export DVD video via firewire to DVCAM recorder (September 12, 2008 09:56AM) David Harbsmeier
IF the DVD recorder has a Firewire IN/OUT port, connect it directly the the DVCam recorder. Put the DVCam recorder in VTR mode and set it for DV IN (DV is aka iLink, Firewire, IEEE1394), insert a tape and start recording. Start the DVD playing.

IF your DVD recorder does NOT have Firewire OUT, you can still record to most DVCam devices via analog.

Or, if you want to keep everything in the digital realm, convert the DVD's VOB files to QuickTime DV NTSC (or PAL, depending on your location) using MPEG Streamclip as Ken suggested above. Then import the resulting file into FCP. Once you have the footage on FCP's Timeline, connect the DVCam recorder to your Mac via Firewire and record from the Timeline.

-DH

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login