Re: audio beeping...redline

audio beeping...redline (September 12, 2008 07:51AM) 2phun
First let me apologize for what I'm sure is going to be a very simple issue. I'm a complete novice to FCP, and very new to Macs in general.

Last spring my 4th graders video taped (DV) a project that we downloaded into iMovie. Shortly thereafter, we were able to purchase FCP6 and I'm now attempting to edit the video using that instead of iMovie. When I transfered the files over to FCP and view them in the viewer, they play just fine. When I put the clips into the timeline, I get a redline at the top and the audio just beeps at me. Video plays just fine. I'm guessing that something about the audio is in the wrong format? What do I need to do to get it working correctly?

Thanks for the input.

Steve
Re: audio beeping...redline (September 12, 2008 08:12AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: audio beeping...redline (September 12, 2008 08:17AM) 2phun
Yeah, it's iMovie 08 (what a watered-down program!). I'll give the XML export a try. Thanks for the fast response and the link. I'm trying to soak in as much as I can, but it's taking more time than I thought to get comfortable with FCP. I'm glad to have found this forum.
Re: audio beeping...redline (September 17, 2008 07:24AM) 2phun
Okay, I just went through the tutorial and attempted what it said. I lost the beeping and redline, which is good. But now the audio isn't coming through. I see the audio in the A1 and A2 slots, but it's white. Usually it's green, no? Any other suggestions?

Great tutorial, though. Thanks for the link.
Re: audio beeping...redline (September 17, 2008 07:45AM) 2phun
Okay, fumbled my way through it. The tutorial recommended not having the Reconnect to Media Files option selected. But when I used it connected, it was able to bring in the audio as well. I probably screwed something up earlier. Just happy to have my sound now! Thanks again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login