Rendering Issues

Rendering Issues (September 13, 2008 08:07AM) spaceman3
I've rendered my project and i go about as usual exporting it as a mpeg2 via quicktime compression. then i get an error saying 'project needs to be rendering before exporting".

WTF? im not a professional, but im no novice and have been working with FCP for a couple of years and have never encountered this problem.
would it be some sort of audio problem in the timeline= .mp4 vs .aif?
Re: Rendering Issues (September 13, 2008 08:13AM) Ken Stone Admin
If you have MP4 audio on the timeline then the audio would need to be rendered. You can do a 'Mix down audio' from the Sequence menu > Render only > Mixdown.

--ken
Re: Rendering Issues (September 13, 2008 08:40AM) spaceman3
ken thanks so much for getting back to me. ok, ive narrowed it down (by using a sort of make shift way) to something in the video is causing this problem.
i erased the audio and tried exporting it to see if it was an audio problem. it wasnt.
i erased the video and tried exporting it and it started to export, worked fine. so that means its a video problem, correct?
i tried erasing half of the video to see if i could narrow it down to halves. what i found was to be even more troubling. i went to the last part of the video that wasnt erased (where the video was cut) and saw no "red= needs rendering" line. when i proceeded to export it as mpeg2, that last section of the video turned on the red rendering line?????

i continued to cut sections and this happened every time when trying to export. however, it didnt happen when i tried exporting it to mp4. the problem with mp4 is that dvd studio pro doesnt handle those files, correct? but thats besides the point.

What in the world does the exporting producing red render line mean???

THANKS KEN
Re: Rendering Issues (September 13, 2008 09:16AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: Rendering Issues (September 13, 2008 09:27AM) spaceman3
ok lemme see if i can answer these correctly.

some of the video doesnt match the sequesnce setting as we've ripped some stuff from the web, but compressed it with visual hub. ( but i tried exporting sample size files of this stuff, and it all exported fine)

we dont have any ProRes on the timeline.

There is a wide screen effect over the WHOLE timeline.

and there are some fade effects as well.

the other problem is we arent sure which clip is giving us problems. as i stated before, we can cut the video in half at different junctures and render it, but whenever exporting, the red line appears.

AS ALWAYS, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Re: Rendering Issues (September 13, 2008 09:39AM) spaceman3
KEN< IT WAS A STUPID SEPARATION IN THE MASK EFFECT. THERE WAS A LITTLE BIT OF SPACE. DO YOU KNOW WHY IT WOULD EFFECT THIS?????
Re: Rendering Issues (September 13, 2008 09:54AM) Ken Stone Admin
No I don't but obviously FCP does not like it.

Any time you have video or audio in the timeline that does not match the Sequence settings, you will have to render.

So, is everything working now?

--ken
Re: Rendering Issues (September 13, 2008 10:04AM) spaceman3
yes, everything is exporting fine.
im just baffled by a break in the widescreen (ive been calling it mask incorrectly, too many hours on flash lately) effect.

so strange.

well thanks so much ken, as always youve been a great help.

best
S3
Re: Rendering Issues (September 13, 2008 10:11AM) Ken Stone Admin
Matte-Mask, the terms are interchangable.

Glad everything is working.

Too much Flash can hurt the brain. (g)

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login