Some more FCPX Questions

Some more FCPX Questions (April 04, 2012 02:50PM) Joe Redifer
1. I drop a file with the DV codec (standard definition, obviously). How do I make it do that it is not 1/2 resolution? It automatically deinterlaces when I drop it into the timeline which should have the same settings. I need to see both fields at all times. 1/2 resolution is unacceptable at best. Can FCPX do full resolution in DV? My Viewer is at 100%. I recall having this issue before with 24P DV footage and not I am working with 60i and it's still a no-go.

2. In big-boy Final Cut Pro, you pressed Shift + N to create a still image of the selected frame that can have any duration of your choosing. How is this done in Final Cut Pro X?

3 - Sometimes, when I try to delete an event (or move it to the trash as it calls it), it says it can't delete the event because in order to delete and event and event must have at least one event. So I may not remove anything from FCP even though it's not there. I don't want everything in my BIN, only the files that I need. Why does it do this? Is there any way to make FCPX import and deal with files like a normal application? This should at least be optional.

Re: Some more FCPX Questions (April 04, 2012 09:54PM) ronny courtens
Re: Some more FCPX Questions (April 05, 2012 11:48AM) Joe Redifer
Ah, I see, said the blind man. Thank you very much.
Re: Some more FCPX Questions (April 05, 2012 05:16PM) ronny courtens
Hi Joe,

You are very welcome.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login