Re: Import Problem in Final Cut Pro 4 HD

Import Problem in Final Cut Pro 4 HD (September 14, 2008 09:12AM) computeranalyst
I have a problem when I do importing in Final Cut Pro 4 HD that runs on Mac G5. My camera is Panasonic DVX-100A. For import, I use professional VCR - Sony DSR-11.

In Caption Now mode, often the capturing process stops, it's like the tape is getting stuck, with VCR flashing yellow Pause indicator and Capturing screen gets frozen. I think it usually happen at the point when I started recording after a stop. But I am not sure if it's alway the case. And the capturing process doesn't get stuck at every 'start after stop' point on the tape. Also, I don't remember having this problem right after I bought all the equipment (camera, G5, Final Cut.) It's sort of came along after a while.

Any idea what this problem is about?
Re: Import Problem in Final Cut Pro 4 HD (September 14, 2008 10:16AM) David Harbsmeier
With FCP HD (version 4.5), if you're running any OS higher than 10.3.9 and QuickTime version 6.5.2, it may result in unpredictable behavior - especially when capturing. What version of the OS and QT are you running?

Also check to see if there are timecode breaks on the tape.

-DH
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login