Re: Burning HD DVD w/ DVD Pro

Burning HD DVD w/ DVD Pro (September 15, 2008 05:14AM) filmguy3d
Ken,

Okay.. I got cold feet with the MCE Blu-Ray burner deal and canceled after reading the 90 Hour blu ray episodic adventure from James Fields.

For in-house purposes and presentations..I'm unclear what media can be used to burn HD DVD with DVD Pro...or if it's possible. There's an icon in DVD Pro that suggests two types media. I have an HD/Blu-Ray player coming in from LG and would like this all to work for in house presentations and exhibits.

I graduated from cutting edge to timid mouse.

Thanks for all,
John
Re: Burning HD DVD w/ DVD Pro (September 15, 2008 07:18AM) Ken Stone Admin
HJi John,

It's all still up in the air. Until the Mac becomes Blu-ray aware and has proper support, it is going to be a struggle. At this time, DVD SP can not do it with Blu-ray.

Paying $1,200 for the Encore package locks most Mac uses out of the market anyway.

My 2 cents.

--ken
Re: Burning HD DVD w/ DVD Pro (September 15, 2008 07:25AM) filmguy3d
Hi Ken,

Thanks..I'm thinking of HD DVD not blu-ray for in house and exhibit stuff. Can DVD Pro produce a defunct HD DVD format and what media is used? This is a temporary usage for an upcoming exhibit.

Best,
John
Re: Burning HD DVD w/ DVD Pro (September 15, 2008 07:36AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: Burning HD DVD w/ DVD Pro (September 15, 2008 08:26AM) filmguy3d
Thanks Ken...this is the article I was alluding to..

Nightmare on Dream Street...Come on Apple give Blu-Ray to us!!

John
Re: Burning HD DVD w/ DVD Pro (September 16, 2008 03:02PM) Morton Molyneux
John,

If your wanting to be able to show clients your work in house in HD etc. you might also want to look at getting an AppleTV. I keep my demo reel, a selection of HD and SD completed projects etc. on mine connected to a 36 in Sony HD TV. Makes it easy pick and choose what to show clients without having to burn DVD's or load and unload different DVD's into a player. Plus when you need a break you can watch podcasts or rent a film from iTunes.

cheers

Morton
Re: Burning HD DVD w/ DVD Pro (September 16, 2008 04:45PM) filmguy3d
Morton,

Great idea. I'm hoping to pack my projector and HDVD player and do presentations on the road. The computer is encoding my first HD test reel with the Rick Young explano. Luck..Luck...Hope... Hope.. Thanks for the clue!

Best,
John
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login