Re: Adding Master Templates in FCPS2

Adding Master Templates in FCPS2 (September 16, 2008 05:49PM) Flux
Hello again. I seem to be having my share of issues today. I'm trying to add a master template to my fCP timeline. According to the Basic Training DVD that came with the software, one of my options is to go to Sequence > Add Master Templates > make my selection by clicking on it > click Insert button. I should see it appear at the playhead position in the time line and when I double click it should appear in the viewer and canvas with drop zones, text boxes, etc... However, when I click Insert it appears on the TL, but without drop zones and there is no image in the canvas or viewer.

Can someone shed a little light? I'm working on a MacPro, FCP Studio2, lots of ram and storage, nvidia 8800 (512)card, 30in. cinema display.

Thank you,

Al
Re: Adding Master Templates in FCPS2 (September 17, 2008 01:58AM) sbeisen
Re: Adding Master Templates in FCPS2 (September 17, 2008 12:28PM) Flux
thanks, steve. i opened Motion and was able to see drop zones. i haven't checked to see if the templates were there. i will try that.
Re: Adding Master Templates in FCPS2 (September 18, 2008 09:37AM) Flux
ok, steve. i went into Motion and was able to create drop zones. i'm new to the program and had to mess around a bit. however, when i first opened the program it asked if i wanted to start with a template. i said yes. it then opened and i selected one of the ntsc openings. i was able to use drop zones normally.

however, when selecting "Add Master Template" from the FCP Sequence menu, it launches and i can select a template, but when i hit insert it shows up in the time line blank. when i double click it in the time line, it sends it to the viewer, but there are no drop zones to place stills etc...

do you have any more suggestions? i suppose i could create the opening in Motion and then export to FCP, but I really would like to be able to use fcp as it was intended.

have i missed something?

al
Re: Adding Master Templates in FCPS2 (September 23, 2008 06:46AM) ndarnellp
Is this a template that you have created in Motion 3?

Darnell Peacock
www.actiontemplates.com - Templates for Motion 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login