SOUNDTRACK PRO - SPEED OF A CLIP

SOUNDTRACK PRO - SPEED OF A CLIP (September 17, 2008 03:30AM) jrosson
Folks,

Inside FCP it's very easy to take a clip, (I'm working with an aiff, non-looping 'swish' for example) and reduce the speed of it to get a 'lower tone' -- and the exact length of time I need to match graphics flying on and off screen.

In the viewer, using 'cmd j' the speed is adjusted easily to exactly the length of time I need for the effect. It works great.

However, inside STP, I cannot seem to get the lower tone -- using the time stretch feature only lengthens the clip without giving me the desired different, lower tone/effect. And accurately gauging the length of the clip seems a wrestling match as well...
whereas in FCP it's a one-step process with maybe a bit of adjusting to the in and out points.

Should we stay inside FCP for this type of work -- or am I missing something easy?
The whole point of all this is we're trying to learn STP and would like to master all the audio there...

Thank you,
JR
Re: SOUNDTRACK PRO - SPEED OF A CLIP (September 17, 2008 05:30PM) Dave Hardy
Try adding Pitch Shifter2 effect lowering the semitones to minus 12 & the mix level to 100%.

Dave
Re: SOUNDTRACK PRO - SPEED OF A CLIP (September 18, 2008 02:17AM) jrosson
dave... thx, will try and re-post.
Re: SOUNDTRACK PRO - SPEED OF A CLIP (September 18, 2008 12:35PM) Dave Hardy
You might also want to try & see if you can get an effect that you like with Space Designer. It may look pretty intimidating at first. Just try applying some of the built in Presets to see if you can get something that's in the ballpark & take it from there.

Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login