Final Cut Pro 6 shutting down during editing

Final Cut Pro 6 shutting down during editing (September 18, 2008 02:18AM) hamcomm
We are involved in a relatively large still photo montage project set to music with cross dissolves. We do not know how many photos are involved but our guess is 700-900. Some of the photos were imported into FCP6, others were dragged from desktop folders. Reached a point where Final Cut shuts down when editing - can't even move one photo to a new location! Is there a limit to the number of clips/effects you can have in a project? The length is only 27 minutes. Thanks, Kevin
Re: Final Cut Pro 6 shutting down during editing (September 18, 2008 06:53AM) Ken Stone Admin
Still images can really bog down FCP. Check the images to see their dimensions, are they much bigger than the frame size in Sequence settings?

--ken
Re: Final Cut Pro 6 shutting down during editing (September 20, 2008 12:14PM) MarkLoPresti
I've had several crashes since going 6.0. I attribute it to two things.

First, My G5 is four years old and the new software sometimes overtaxes it a bit. (BTW, all of FCP Studio 2 applies here).

Second, if I try and move too fast, and I'm no record setter on being fast, sometimes the computer just lapses into that Demonic Spinning Beach Ball mode! And after about 5 minutes of being hypnotized by the darn thing, I'm simply forced to force quit or otherwise restart.

By years end I'm hoping to fix the problem by purchasing a current, state-of-the-art Power Mac! Hey, isn't about $3,000 worth the piece of mind?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login