Re: export for DVD. HELP!!!!!!!!!

export for DVD. HELP!!!!!!!!! (September 18, 2008 10:02AM) cosioshi
hi Ken, hi guys,

I have a few hours to finish a dvd, PLEASE HELP!!!!
I shot XDCAM EX1, HD, 720p 50, PAL and work with Studio 2, 6.0.4
Nothing special, just cuts and a few fades to black. it's for some people to view it on a projector.

the problem is that after exporting Movie Self Contained with chapter markers, DV-PAL, progressive, 25 phrames, I opened the clip with Quick time and I can see picselation and all kinds of lines. for example: if the line (someone crossing a street, or a temple, or on the road) is diagonal, it shows like it's cut in little pieces, it's not a straight line. bottom line, it doesn't look good at all and when I think of the HD footage that I have, it makes me sick to see this.
please help.
does it make a big difference, after I make the export to use iDVD or DVD Studio Pro? it's nothing fancy, but I just want a good looking video for this presentation.

cosmin
Re: export for DVD. HELP!!!!!!!!! (September 18, 2008 10:23AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Cosmin,

QT can make a mess of these things, it often does not play back correctly.

As long as you used

File > Export > QT (Not with Conversion). Make Self Contained, Use Current Settings, Do Not Recompress all frames.

The QT self contained should be okay.

Are you trying to make a PAL DVD?????

In iDVD Prefs, there is a PAL setting. Drop it into iDVD and simulate, how does it look?

--ken
Re: export for DVD. HELP!!!!!!!!! (September 18, 2008 08:08PM) cosioshi
I am still trying to get to the bottom of this thing, I don't know if I will be able to finish. I tried DVD Studio pro, I think I mam missing some connections, and in iDVD it doesn't let me choose the preferences in one step dvd from movie.
will keep you posted.
is there a set up in DVD Studio Pro that you import the tracks and just hit burn, for a simple dvd like I need, with no menus or anything else?

thank you
cos
Re: export for DVD. HELP!!!!!!!!! (September 19, 2008 07:30AM) Ken Stone Admin
In DVD SP, get into the graphical view. Drag your video onto the track icon. Control click on the track icon and select 'First Play'.

Select and delete the Menu icon.

--ken
Re: export for DVD. HELP!!!!!!!!! (September 18, 2008 10:24AM) hdfilmtools
Stay cool,

What are your sequence settings are they correct for how you want to output? sometimes things get messed up if , for example, you are using the wrong pixel size (which in your case should be SQUARE) or possibly having field dominance on instead of "NONE".

Are you using Compressor? If so check your inspector settings. Make sure everything is copacetic in there.

Try exporting as a reference file, (UNCHECK make movie self contained) take it into compressor and compress with Apple stock DVD setting appropriate for your needs.

You could also throw the ref files into DVD SP and have the program do the formatting.

HTH,
Larry "Lawrence" Jordan
HDFilmtools.com
Re: export for DVD. HELP!!!!!!!!! (September 28, 2008 07:53PM) cosioshi
I have to say that I had a higher quality using DVDSP then using iDVD, but the problem was that I rendered SD first.
I will export using compressor and letting it to do it's work
thank you for the tip with deleting the menu icon. easy.
wow, I have so much to learn.

thank you agian

great people and great website

Ken, according to the customs in my country, we should build you a statue for all the good you're doing for us

cosmin
Re: export for DVD. HELP!!!!!!!!! (September 29, 2008 05:40AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Cosmin,

I hope that in your country, when you erect a statue of someone, that the statue is made out of chocolate.

(g)

Thanks for the kudos.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login