Best QT export option from SD vision

Best QT export option from SD vision (September 25, 2008 11:40AM) flickchicks
HI
I have to export out a small piece of vision for my animator to work with, and he needs it as .mov. Some of the vision has movement and it looks pixilated on the edges when I've exported out using the following codecs:-
DV-PAL
MPEG-4 video
Uncompressed 8 bit and 10 bit

Hope you can help me with what CODEC to use here. The project will ultimately be exported out for DVD video, once we include the animation.

Cheers and thanks

Margie
Re: Best QT export option from SD vision (September 26, 2008 08:24AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Margie,

Export using the Animation 'millions of colors +'.

Slow process and large files but this will also include the alpha channel.

--ken
Re: Best QT export option from SD vision (September 26, 2008 05:36PM) jefff
i also came up against the same concerns recently. supplied QT exported using "animation" set to "millions of colors+" and the animator seems happy with the results. it did take a long time to process and the files are large but i proofed the results and they were impressive - no complaints from the animator (he also does sport events for cbc tv) and he has been working with the files for a week or so now.

jefff
Re: Best QT export option from SD vision (September 26, 2008 05:46PM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Jefff,

It's the best and it supports a alpha channel.

--ken
Re: Best QT export option from SD vision (September 28, 2008 12:25PM) flickchicks
Thanks so much for your reply. I did export out using the animation, millions of colours and the parts with high movement had really pixelated edges, and I'm not sure why. The DV PAL actually looked slightly better for the blurriness, but not as crisp in general.

Should the edges be blurred using the animation codec? Are there any other settings that I should be entereing, such as the frame rate. I entered 25 fps.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Margie
Re: Best QT export option from SD vision (September 28, 2008 12:33PM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Margie,

Where and how are you viewing the export?

--ken
Re: Best QT export option from SD vision (September 28, 2008 02:24PM) flickchicks
HI Ken

I'm viewing the export through Quicktime player on my computer monitor.

Cheers, Margie
Re: Best QT export option from SD vision (September 28, 2008 03:05PM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Margie,

QT Player probably has problems with this codec. QT Player has problems with everything.

Open the movie in QT. From the Window menu select 'show movie properties'. Click on the video track, then lower right check 'High Quality'.

--ken
Re: Best QT export option from SD vision (September 28, 2008 04:05PM) flickchicks
Hi Ken

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by opening it in QT. How do I open it in QT? I seem to just have QT Player??

Thanks SO MUCH for your help.

Cheers

margie
Re: Best QT export option from SD vision (September 28, 2008 04:36PM) Ken Stone Admin
Yes, use the QT Player.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login