Re: Still photos and/or dissolves jump during playback

Still photos and/or dissolves jump during playback (September 27, 2008 03:43AM) hamcomm
We are producing a 700+ still photo slideshow with cross dissolves and music. Approximately 50% of the photos shift slightly during playback after we insert a 15 frame cross dissolve. We have no idea why this is happening. Some of the photos were "dragged and dropped" into the timeline from folders on the desktop, others were imported into FCP6. We don't know if this could be the difference or not. The file size of the photos also vary. We have found a painstaking way to fix the problem photos by cutting the photo after the dissolve in and before the dissolve out. Then I open the new independent clip in the viewer . In the motion tab I then click on the "center" choice (+) and use this to raise the photo just a tiny bit. This is really not a practical solution as it is very time consuming. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks
Re: Still photos and/or dissolves jump during playback (September 27, 2008 03:48AM) David Harbsmeier
I'd first make absolutely sure that the Sequence is rendered fully. Go to the Sequence->Render menus and make sure ALL render types are checked.

-DH
Re: Still photos and/or dissolves jump during playback (September 27, 2008 04:54AM) hamcomm
Thank you DH and Ronnie. we followed your directions but the same photos still jump or shift position during playback. Here's the info that you asked for:

MacPro
OS X 10.5.4
FCP version 2.0.1
Memory - 4GB 667 MHZ DDR2 FB-DIMM

Thanks again
Re: Still photos and/or dissolves jump during playback (September 27, 2008 08:49AM) ronny courtens
You say "the same photos". Do you mean only some specific photos have the problem ? I this case, open one of the problematic photos in Photoshop, select Image > Mode and make sure the photo is RGB and certainly not CMYK. CMYK does not work in a video environment.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Still photos and/or dissolves jump during playback (September 30, 2008 01:18AM) hamcomm
Sorry, I've been away from the disscussion board, I will check the problematic photos to see if they are unusable in the video environment. thanks
Re: Still photos and/or dissolves jump during playback (September 27, 2008 03:49AM) ronny courtens
Check your render settings. Select Sequence > Render All and make sure ALL render options are chacked, including the Full (dark green) option. Then press OPT+R to render your entire timeline and play your sequence. If this does not fix the problem, come back here with the following information:

Mac, OS, FCP version and amount of RAM.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Still photos and/or dissolves jump during playback (September 29, 2008 12:07AM) gaz
hi guys

in such cases i made a mov from timeline. sometimes it worked for me

gaz
Re: Still photos and/or dissolves jump during playback (September 30, 2008 01:20AM) hamcomm
How do you make a movie from the timeline. Why does it only work sometimes?
Re: Still photos and/or dissolves jump during playback (October 01, 2008 03:13AM) gaz
hi
expecting i am undestanding your question : i mark in (I) and out (O) at the begining and at the end of the sequence, or make
sure that any mark in or out is set if i want all the sequence as a movie, and export as quicktime movie, no recompress all frames and make selfcontained movie. after, i import the movie created, i play it in the timeline. for a reason that i do not know, some dissolves plays ok and some not. maybe it works all ok for you
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login