Re: Help! Need to create OGV and WEBM files??

Help! Need to create OGV and WEBM files?? (June 11, 2013 08:43AM) jpl
Help!
I need to deliver OGV and WEBM files for a client in two days. I am assuming I can't do this in Compressor (which is my usual route). Would anyone know how to do this????

Thanks so much.

Re: Help! Need to create OGV and WEBM files?? (June 11, 2013 03:49PM) Craig Seeman
Re: Help! Need to create OGV and WEBM files?? (June 11, 2013 10:11PM) jpl
Thank you Craig,
So what should I tell the client about this? Maybe try to give them the files anyway and try to encode with v2v.cc??
Re: Help! Need to create OGV and WEBM files?? (June 11, 2013 11:20PM) Craig Seeman
Re: Help! Need to create OGV and WEBM files?? (June 12, 2013 12:03AM) jpl
Hi Craig,

This is very helpful thank you.

I usually compress H.264 files in Compressor. I can also compress the mp4 in Compressor.

Should I just give them both choices? Is that what you mean by Flash(H.264 .mp4) and HTML5 (H.264 .mp4)?

Also there are two MPEG 4 and H.264 settings in Compressor. Which one is best? Two H.264 settings (one under QuickTime and the other under Web> Web Videocast). Two MPEG 4 settings (one under Format>MPEG-4 and the other under Web>Web Videocast> MPEG-4 Webcasting).

What is the difference with these?

They would like to Webcast so I assume I use the H.264 and MPEG4 from the Web Videocast folder.

Thank you again Craig. Compressor novice here.
Re: Help! Need to create OGV and WEBM files?? (June 12, 2013 12:47AM) Craig Seeman
H.264 .mov works in Flash as well. Flash is extension agnostic.
Generally .mp4 variant is considered universal. Many have an aversion to the .mov extension even though technically, as long as it has "fast start" header, they're nearly interchangeable.

In order to create H.264 .mp4 you must have Compressor 4 (Compressor 3 and earlier can't create H.264 with .mp4 container). It doesn't sound like you have Compressor 4. Time to buy the new version.
Re: Help! Need to create OGV and WEBM files?? (June 12, 2013 02:00AM) jpl
I have FCP 7. Can I get compressor 4 with FCP 7
Re: Help! Need to create OGV and WEBM files?? (June 12, 2013 02:10AM) Craig Seeman
jpl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have FCP 7. Can I get compressor 4 with FCP 7

$50 in the App Store. Send to Compressor probably won't work but exporting a self contained ProRes (or whatever) file from 7 should work in Compressor 4.

BTW I highly recommend FCPX at $299. I think a few others here would as well.
Re: Help! Need to create OGV and WEBM files?? (June 12, 2013 02:28AM) jpl
Thanks! Love FCP 7. Not quite ready for X
Re: Help! Need to create OGV and WEBM files?? (June 12, 2013 02:43AM) Craig Seeman
jpl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks! Love FCP 7. Not quite ready for X

Ripple Training, some good articles by Ken and lots of help on this forum will get you there.

At this point FCP 7 is such a technical drag that any modern NLE has serious advantages over it.
Re: Help! Need to create OGV and WEBM files?? (June 12, 2013 03:10AM) jpl
Does X come with compressor 4 ?
Re: Help! Need to create OGV and WEBM files?? (June 12, 2013 03:00PM) Craig Seeman
Re: Help! Need to create OGV and WEBM files?? (January 05, 2014 12:58PM) candyaima
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login