Re: Laser Pointer on PPt in FCP Final

Laser Pointer on PPt in FCP Final (September 27, 2008 08:15AM) Trig Simon
Hi Ken,

I thought you might want to write a paper on this, I am too backed up to do it myself, but here are some screen shots:

Picture 4 is the original video of the PPt presentation onto a projection screen.

I put this clip above the corresponding PPt jpeg.
I added color correction to add contrast and enhance the red.
Then I added Color Key, Outer Glow, then Overdrive to make the pointer more visible.

Picture 5 is a computer screen shot of the finished video.

I don't know why there isn't already something like this in existence, it seems so practical. If you want to play with it and develop it further, you have my permission and take credit for it. Folks will pay more attention to your instruction in a 'White Paper' than stumbling across it in the discussions search.

I really appreciated your comments,
Trig
Re: Laser Pointer on PPt in FCP Final (September 27, 2008 08:22AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Trig,

Sorry, my plate is full.

--ken
Re: Laser Pointer on PPt in FCP Final (September 27, 2008 11:29AM) David Harbsmeier
Trig,

I'm not sure I understand your desire for a white paper on this. You can easily create a red "laser" point or dot in Photoshop then keyframe it's movement in FCP over the PPT slide. There's no real mystery to this. Many editors have been using the same technique for following sports action in videos for years now with a dot or pointer.

-DH
Re: Laser Pointer on PPt in FCP Final (October 01, 2008 01:24AM) Trig Simon
David,

Thanks for your repeated response. You suggested that to me a couple months ago, and I attempted this, but to get the genuine movement that the presenter uses would take hours and hours of tracking and keyframing. This is a six hour presentation that has extensive PPt slide references.

Now, with this filter, I can simply lay the track down and it follows every tiny movement the Doctor makes. Perhaps I don't understand your application of 'keyframe'.

Well, this works for the Doctor and I can get the job done.

Thank you,
Trig
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login