resizing causes strobing effect

resizing causes strobing effect (September 28, 2008 06:26PM) caribou
Hello

I have a video clip that I captured from DV. The footage itself is a shot looking down a hallway at a door. The camera then slowly zooms in to the door. I resized this clip to 24% and it causes a slight strobe to occur. It is not apparent when the footage is at 100% only when resized, at that point it becomes very severe. I can see it in the canvas as well as in the NTSC monitor. I have tried resizing a little bigger, a little smaller, moving the clip one pixel up or down as I have heard sometimes this can help this problem. I also have tried de-interlacing as well as using the flicker filter. None of these solutions have worked.

The problem becomes even worse when I export it as an mpeg 2 and burn to DVD on DVD Studio Pro. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on this problem r encountered something similar. I have a small (360kb) file I could email to people if they want to see the problem directly.

Ok thanks in advance for any help.

Nikhil
Re: resizing causes strobing effect (September 29, 2008 03:38AM) sbeisen
Re: resizing causes strobing effect (September 29, 2008 04:14AM) caribou
Hi Steve

Yes its fully rendered in high precision YUV and the motion filtering quality at best.

Nikhil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login