Most comprehensive thumbnaiiler-index with FCPX

Most comprehensive thumbnaiiler-index with FCPX (September 20, 2014 08:12AM) vargula
Hi,
I'm having a hard time keeping track of content across hundreds of sources. Outside of FCPX its possible to use a thumbnailer app, though i notice the MacOSX versions out there are curiously underpowered compared with some Windows versions. I think ive tried them all but what would be really cool is a plug in that sits within FCPX and permits...

1. index frame every (n) seconds... this is preferable to index whole clip as its consistent

2. sit within a FCPX workflow i.e browse an external disk, find a range of frames, bracket them, and bring into my timeline

3. posting of an html page or jpg so people could request ranges of source material be included in a rough cut

4. not cost megabucks :-)

am i on the right planet? is there anything out there that can achieve this?

many thanks friends

Ed (South Wales, UK)
Re: Most comprehensive thumbnaiiler-index with FCPX (September 20, 2014 11:44PM) ronny courtens
What you want is a MAM (Media Asset Manager). There are some very powerful ones around (like Cantemo Portal or CatDV) that work perfectly together with FCP X, but any professional MAM or DAM is not cheap. I'm afraid the very few things you mentioned you would need will not justify the purchase of a real Asset Manager system.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Most comprehensive thumbnaiiler-index with FCPX (September 21, 2014 12:49AM) vargula
Re: Most comprehensive thumbnaiiler-index with FCPX (September 21, 2014 12:53AM) ronny courtens
Hi Ed,

I agree, and this could be a great idea for one of the many companies that develop third-party apps for FCP X.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login