automator script to move fcarch "folders"?

automator script to move fcarch "folders"? (October 22, 2014 12:52PM) joelhall
I have imported hundreds, more likely thousands, of AVCHD files from my Canon Camcorders' SD cards into fcarch "folders" over the last 10 or so years. I'm now wanting to remove the AVCHDs from those folders for a less platform dependent archiving.

My dream is to use an Automator script to take the name of the fcarch folder, make a new normal folder with the same name on another HDD, and then copy the AVCHD into that folder, while leaving the original fcarch functional. I'd like to just drop a folder of fcarch folders onto the automator script and have it do all the work of creating folders, naming them, and copying the fcarch contents.

I'm not an Automator expert. ::grin:: I messed about a bit seeing if I could find a way to do this, but was not successful. It seems this could be a (fairly) common experience that someone had already solved. So I'm asking you guys if you know of anything that does this, or any hints on how to avoid the manual copying and pasting of these thousands of folders.

Thanks! Joel.
Re: automator script to move fcarch "folders"? (October 29, 2014 04:47AM) joelhall
Class? Anyone? ::grin::

Ciao. Joel.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login