error sharing timeline to .mov

error sharing timeline to .mov (January 12, 2015 09:19PM) pnutsnz
Hi everybody,

for the past few months I have been editing slideshows for use in funeral services. All has been going great, and had about 4 done no problems.
Got the fifth laid out in FCPX, went to do the usual export (Share - Master file export - straight to QT. The export starts, the window vanishes, and then I get an error that the export could not continue because of a problem. The text in the err box is listed below:

"The operation could not be completed because an error occurred when creating frame 461 (error -1)."

I have dumped the image at frame 461, relinked and applied the crossover effect as per before, and get the same error message. I have to have the picks in the sequence as they are, as requested by the client.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be?. In the end I sent the file to Compressor, which worked perfect. Have tried to avoid that as it takes a long time to export down to the elementary streams, whereas I just export in QT, then bring that into DVD-SP, go from there. The funeral chapel is only using SD resolution @ 4:3.

One thing I have found is my laptop running FCPX is still running very unresponsive and slow, I only have to apply a simple effect and the 'Spinning beach ball' comes up for minutes at a time. So might look at a Mac Pro tower.
Any minimum recommendations that I should be going for?. The medium to high-end MacPros are extremely expensive compared to my friends PC's, which by the way are half the price of my mac, and are running PP twice as efficiently as I am with FCPX. Not been too good for me of late :(....

Anyway, thanks guys!,

Pete.
Re: error sharing timeline to .mov (January 12, 2015 09:44PM) ronny courtens
Hi Pete,

The error you got either indicates a corrupt clip on the indicated frame, or a corrupt render file. As you have been able to export via Compressor it was surely a corrupt render file. Compressor will refuse to export corrupt clips, but it ignores all render files (that's why it takes so much longer to export via Compressor).

Next time you get such a message: just delete all the render files for the Project and either re-render, or export without rendering (which is faster than to render first and then export).

If you get spinning beach balls when you apply an effect you probably are working on outdated hardware. Of course it also depends on the effect. Old plugins like Neat Video can be awful because they haven't been updated to make use of the new GPUs.

I really don't understand why you would want to replace an old laptop with an old MacPro. Any new or recent iMac with sufficient RAM will run circles around an old tower when you use FCP X.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: error sharing timeline to .mov (January 12, 2015 09:58PM) pnutsnz
Hello Ronny, and very nice to hear from you. And the reply was fast indeed.

Did think something was corrupt along the way, so will try your suggestion, so thanks for that.

The reason for going to a tower is to be able to utilise the multiple video cards via PCI-X - which I hope to do for my mobile V'jing enterprise. At the moment I can only feed the same video out to a few screens at a time, but with multiple cards I can create a video wall, and address each display uniquely to suit what I am doing. Again due to the cost of the cards alone, this mite not be happening all that soon!. I was looking at some videos of live discos, esp in Europe, and I am very impressed. Quite effective. But that is another chapter......

Thanks Ronny,

Pete
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login