Re: Render Question

Render Question (February 11, 2015 06:49AM) philsfilm
Hi Ken,

I have a 25 minute timeline in FCP 7 with a lot of effects, most of which will play smoothly in the Unlimited RT setting (orange bar). I have about a half dozen scenes to which I've applied Neat Video which is very processor-intensive. They will not play through in the timeline without stuttering unless they are rendered. However, I don't really need to see them played in the timeline because I know they are good.

My question is: before exporting for DVD, should I render them in the timeline or just let that process happen when the m2v file is being encoded? Or does it not make any difference?

Thanks,
Phil
Re: Render Question (February 11, 2015 09:37AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Phil,

This may not be the correct answer (or the only answer) but I have always rendered everything in FCP 7 before output. This was my FCP 7 workflow.

After the FCP 7 render, I then played back the rendered project as a last check before outputting. As I recall, if you use 'Send to Compressor' it will be rendered on output but I never used 'Send to Compressor' as I did experience issues with the output and hangups. I always exported as a QT movie, make self contained, use current settings, do not recompress all files.

One of the great things about FCP X, there really is no need to render before export.

--ken
Re: Render Question (February 19, 2015 03:01AM) Videot
Re: Render Question (February 19, 2015 03:20AM) philsfilm
Thank you, Ken & Mike.

Rendering is a fool-proof way to check effects before launching missiles.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login