I'd like to use an external NTSC monitor...settings?

I'd like to use an external NTSC monitor...settings? (August 31, 2015 06:37AM) UptownVideo
I used to use an external monitor (TV) with my old G4 set up with an earlier version of FCP. I had a box that would convert the firewire signal to NTSC to use a TV as my monitor. With my iMac and FCP 7, I don't have any video feed from my firewire jack to view the video on a TV or monitor. Do I need to turn something on (or change settings) to get the firewire signal to send the video signal out of firewire jack on the iMac using FCP Studio 7? Thanks...

Phil

Re: I'd like to use an external NTSC monitor...settings? (September 01, 2015 01:03AM) David Harbsmeier
Phil,

Do you still have the box that you used with your old G4 that converted the Firewire signal to NTSC (or PAL) video/audio? If so, that's what you'll need. That or any other qualified 'DV Device.' Once that's connected correctly, in FCP, go to View>External Video>All Frames and make sure that video out is set to Firewire (under the same menu).

-DH
Re: I'd like to use an external NTSC monitor...settings? (September 01, 2015 01:44AM) UptownVideo
Yes..I still have the box and a newer version of the box. They both work fine as I hooked them up to my G4 and the video displays on the external monitor fine...Sound's like I need to adjust the settings as you outlined...(View>External Video>All Frames) to get it to work from the firewire jack with FCP 7...Thanks very much David.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login