Re: Motion 5.3 and FCP 10.3 flipping pics upside down

Motion 5.3 and FCP 10.3 flipping pics upside down (November 04, 2016 11:13AM) philsfilm
I've upgraded to Motion 5.3 & FCP 10.3. I created a animated graphic with drop zones in Motion. When I import pics and place them in the drop zones, it flips them upside down. The problem is repeated with the template I published in Final Cut.

Why is this happening? Is there a setting that corrects this?
I've trashed preferences to no avail.

-Phil
Re: Motion 5.3 and FCP 10.3 flipping pics upside down (November 04, 2016 04:32PM) Joe Redifer
Check your settings in Motion where you designed the drop zone. What are the scaling settings? Are they -100 or minus-anything? Get rid of the -
Re: Motion 5.3 and FCP 10.3 flipping pics upside down (November 07, 2016 11:06PM) philsfilm
You were correct, sir. There was a minus setting in the Y category of the Properties.
I have no idea how that happened because when I scaled the drop zone using Shift + Option, I entered a minus setting.
Changing the setting to plus did not fix the problem. It just moved the drop zone up to the top of the screen.
I would have thought the up and down was controlled by the rotation, not the scale settings.
I re-designed from scratch and it was fine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login