Re: Master Export - no audio

Master Export - no audio (November 17, 2016 12:14PM) swens
Hello, I am a new user to both this forum and Final Cut Pro X. Very happy to have found you. I've been using iMovie in the past with no difficulties but my projects have grown and I felt I needed to take my editing to the next level. What I'm experiencing now is something I've not encountered in the past. I've been trying to export to a master file (or any other file for that matter) and the export is doing everything that it's supposed to do except when I try to play the file there is no audio present. I've tried all the export options. I have sound in the timeline when I play the file there but nothing after export. I'm hoping someone has a fix or perhaps a suggestion as to what I may be doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

I'm using a Mac OS X 10.11.6 (Early 2011) 2GHz - i7/8G Memory

Sincerely,

Swens
Re: Master Export - no audio (November 17, 2016 12:20PM) Joe Redifer
How are you exporting your project? What steps do you go through?
Re: Master Export - no audio (November 17, 2016 11:19PM) swens
Thanks for responding! First I select the 'start' and 'end' range, then I select 'export' to master file. When the window comes up I first made no changes and the result was no audio. I've gone through the various settings; I've set the format to 'video and audio' which automatically changes the codec to H.264 with still no luck with audio in the finished export. I've changed the format to 'computer' with no luck. I haven't tried the 'apple devices' or 'web hosting' settings as I'm not planning on using those. I'm suspect that I may be missing a codec or a simple internal software setting that I've accidentally 'switched on' or something silly like that. As I said, I'm new to this. The first project I did came off without a hitch but as far as I know I've done nothing different. I do have the lasted Final Cut update and coincidentally, my trouble started after I did the update. Sure hope I can get some help with this. Thanks in advance!
Re: Master Export - no audio (November 18, 2016 04:09AM) ronny courtens
It's always a good idea to refresh the FCP X preferences after any update.

Close FCP X and then open it again while holding the CMD + ALT keys pressed down. A window will pop up asking if you want to delete your FCP X preferences. Confirm and let the application launch. Then open your Library, select your Project and try exporting your Project as a Master file.

In the Settings tab, set Format to "Video and Audio" and Codec to "Source - Apple ProRes 422". See if this works. If not, post back here.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Master Export - no audio (November 18, 2016 05:03AM) swens
Success! Thanks so much! I even tried another format just for giggles and it worked as well. I'll need to remember this for when the next update happens. Again, thanks so much for your valuable support!

Swens
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login