Re: Flow transition altered in Sierra

Flow transition altered in Sierra (January 02, 2017 08:49AM) philsfilm
I recently upgraded my OS to Sierra 10.12.2. Since then, I've noticed that the Flow Transition in FCP X does not create the same type of transition as it did under the 10.11.6 El Capitan OS. Instead of a morphing transition, it's more of a straight dissolve. As a check, I re-booted from my backup El Capitan OS drive, opened FCP X and saw that the Flow Transition in the same Library and Project was in the original morph format.
Unless the transition has been intentionally altered, I think this is a bug.

-Phil

Image is scaled down as it exceeds forum's screen width. Original image size: 1298x934

Image is scaled down as it exceeds forum's screen width. Original image size: 1099x970
Re: Flow transition altered in Sierra (January 02, 2017 02:57PM) Joe Redifer
Definitely report that on the FCPX feedback page:

[www.apple.com]

Re: Flow transition altered in Sierra (January 02, 2017 03:46PM) philsfilm
I did that, Joe. I also spoke to the Apple Pro. Apps people and gave them the info. They tested it on their end and acknowledged that it's a bug. He said that it should be corrected in the next FCP X update. We'll see but I won't hold my breath.
Re: Flow transition altered in Sierra (January 03, 2017 08:34AM) Joe Redifer
Awesome! I'm glad you were able to get some response. I agree that it's best not to get one's hopes up, but this transition is kind of important to a lot of people. Adobe Premiere has had it for a while and they don't wanna fall behind.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login