Re: 16mm Transfer to Video (Stabilization)

16mm Transfer to Video (Stabilization) (November 10, 2020 09:25AM) preitauer
Re: 16mm Transfer to Video (Stabilization) (November 10, 2020 09:59AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Chris,

If you don't have any luck finding a better stabilator you might try enlarging the clip just enough to crop out the top and bottom where the motion is very appearant.

--ken
Re: 16mm Transfer to Video (Stabilization) (November 11, 2020 09:21AM) philsfilm
Re: 16mm Transfer to Video (Stabilization) (November 11, 2020 10:20AM) philsfilm
Re: 16mm Transfer to Video (Stabilization) (November 11, 2020 07:59PM) preitauer
Thank you Phil. That is actually much better that FCPX's built-in stabilizer.

Chris
Re: 16mm Transfer to Video (Stabilization) (November 12, 2020 08:33AM) philsfilm
Chris,

You're very welcome. Lock & Lock is well worth the price. It's saved projects for me more than once.

Phil
Re: 16mm Transfer to Video (Stabilization) (November 14, 2020 02:53AM) Joe Redifer
I don't understand how the film being wound too tightly could cause THAT much jitter. The film itself being wound too tightly doesn't cause tension as it's pulling. It could be that the film is slightly warped or has worn perfs. Or perhaps even bad tension bands in the gate of the projector. I would have to see pictures of the perfs in that section to determine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login