Re: Soften Woman's Voice in STP

Soften Woman's Voice in STP (June 16, 2008 01:48PM) peterbkk
My Thai narrator has a lovely voice but I have had some feedback from my preview audience that, to some ears, she sounds a bit "hard". Maybe my fault because I asked her to use a slightly more aggressive tone in this video, matching the content and message.

However, I might try to soften her voice a bit and see how it sounds.

Can anyone please suggest an effect (or combination of effects) in Soundtrack Pro that might soften her voice a bit. Right now I have a tiny bit of "Fat EQ" to boost lower tones (200 Hz +3.5 dB) and a "Compressor" effect set to a low setting (Ratio 2.0:1, Knee 1.0, Attack 16.5ms, Release 29.0ms, Threshold -14.5dB, Gain -0.5dB Limiter 0.0dB)?

Which effect would I use to soften a woman's voice without impacting the clarity too much?

Regards
Peter
Re: Soften Woman's Voice in STP (June 17, 2008 02:58AM) ronny courtens
Hi Peter,

As with most sound problems, there is no miracle solution that fixes it all with just the push of a button. The "hardness" of a voice is situated in the lower mid frequency regions. Unfortunately, the same frequencies also give you the clarity of the voice. Just boosting the lows will not get you much further, you should compensate this adjustment by boosting some high frequencies as well if you want to retain clarity. But without hearing the actual recording there is not much of an advice to give.Can you mail me a little sample of the voice recording ? Preferrably without any corrections at all.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Soften Woman's Voice in STP (June 17, 2008 02:10PM) Gary Denton
hello
Try reducing 1k a lot on the eq.
g
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login