How can I switch Viewer & Canvas from 4:3 to 16:9 without letterboxing?

How can I switch Viewer & Canvas from 4:3 to 16:9 without letterboxing? (November 01, 2008 09:39PM) zia
Hi guys,
Here is what's happening! In FCP 6, I go to Sequence Settings/General Tab/ click on Advanced... Button and change the Aspect Ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 and nothing happens. Both viewer and canvas are still set to 4:3.
I used to be able to able to change the screens by going through these steps, but I don't know what's going on.
Note: I am not talking about letterboxing. The screens would automatically adjust themselves to widescreen without letterboxing.
Can anyone of you Gurus help me out please?
Thanks a bunch,

Zia
Re: How can I switch Viewer & Canvas from 4:3 to 16:9 without letterboxing? (November 02, 2008 02:31AM) ronny courtens
If you are working in SD, just go to Sequence>Settings>General and put a checkmark next to Anamorphic. Now your Canvas will turn to widescreen.

You really should not have to change anything in your sequence settings at all. If you wish to work with widescreen SD footage, just use the correct Easy Setup (Anamorphic) when you set up your project for capturing, and your Viewer and Canvas screens will show the correct aspect ratio from the start.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: How can I switch Viewer & Canvas from 4:3 to 16:9 without letterboxing? (November 02, 2008 04:47AM) zia
Yes I have checked that box but the letterboxing shows up and that's not what I want.
Any other ideas please!
Zia
Re: How can I switch Viewer & Canvas from 4:3 to 16:9 without letterboxing? (November 02, 2008 05:12AM) ronny courtens
Hi Zia,

If you check the anamorphic box of a sequence and the Canvas does not display a widescreen aspect ratio, there is something wrong with your application. Have you tried deleting your FCP preferences ?

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: How can I switch Viewer & Canvas from 4:3 to 16:9 without letterboxing? (November 02, 2008 05:40AM) sbeisen
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login