Advanced user question: video update in viewer window while key framing

Advanced user question: video update in viewer window while key framing (December 05, 2008 04:20AM) majnun
I'm trying to create a motion path that begins before the clip is actually viewable and ends after the clip has been viewed. Problem is I can't see what I'm doing without bouncing back and forth between windows. What I really want is to break out the viewer window and have my playhead in the motion tab match the playhead in the viewer window so I can have a real time update. I've ben using FC for years but never figured out a way to do this. Any ideas??

Re: video update in viewer window while key framing (December 05, 2008 05:19AM) David Harbsmeier
Set the Canvas window for Image+Wireframe mode and highlight the clip you're working on in the Timeline. While making keyframe adjustments in the Viewer, you'll see the motion path in the Canvas.

-DH
Re: video update in viewer window while key framing (December 05, 2008 07:33AM) majnun
Yes, this is true, unless your trying to set keyframes outside the parameters of the clip length in the time line, which is what I'm doing. I do appreciate your response though.
Re: Advanced user question: video update in viewer window while key framing (December 05, 2008 08:18AM) jlcinc
So move the clip up to the next track and extend the clip so you can see what you are doing and then when you finish adjusting you key frames cut the excess and move the clip back down to the original track.

John
Re: Advanced user question: video update in viewer window while key framing (December 08, 2008 02:14AM) majnun
This is an acceptable work around and pretty much what I have been doing. What I am not hearing is that there is a way to sync the viewer with the motion tab??

Thanks for the response...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login