Re: Capture Now Problem

Capture Now Problem (June 25, 2008 03:46PM) jonweiman
Hi Guys

Sorry for the second email in 24 hours.

I am having alot of problems here and I need to return my camera tommorow afternoon.

Because I did a multi-camera shoot and only slated at the begining, I need to do a "capture now" of my entire tape.

However when I try to do this on some of the tapes, it goes ahead and turns the one clip into three clips, skipping 8-10 seconds in between of valuable interview footage.

While some tapes work, some randomly decide to subclip with gaps in between and I can't figure out why.

Has anyone experienced this problem or have any suggestions ?

I am running FCP 6 with a 1.8 GHZ G5 and a gig of ram. Also using a Canon XHA1 to import footage over firewire, not a deck.

Sincerely

Jonathan Weiman
Re: Capture Now Problem (June 26, 2008 04:41PM) ronny courtens
Hi Jonathan,

FCP does this when it encounters a time code problem on your tape. You can switch this function off in Final Cut Pro > User Preferences. In the section "On Timecode Break", set the choice to "Warn after caprue" instead of "Make New Clip"

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Capture Now Problem (June 26, 2008 04:44PM) jonweiman
Hi Ronny

There shouldn't be any timecode break in the tape.

We shot each interview on a different tape and didn't stop the camera at any point. The code is completely continous.

- Jon
Re: Capture Now Problem (June 26, 2008 11:56PM) ronny courtens
Does this happen everytime at the same point of the tape or is this a random issue ?

- If it always happens at the same point there is a problem with the tape. If so, try capturing with "Warn after Capture" settings instead of "Make New Clip" as I have suggested. A timecode problem can occur due to a drop in the tape, even when you don't stop the camera while recording.

- If it happens randomly you have a communications problem bewteen the camera and your Mac. If so, set your capture device to "FireWire Basic" in the capture window and try again.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login