New Pro Apps update

New Pro Apps update (June 26, 2008 12:54PM) Ken Stone Admin
There is a new Pro Apps update at SW updater.

You'll have to be running QT 7.5 to see it.

--ken
Re: New Pro Apps update (June 27, 2008 08:50PM) ronny courtens
I thought... I have ventured the QT7.5 update, so why not install this update as well, and I did. Everything works well and I must say it includes some nice new features for anyone needing these.

First of all you can now edit XDCAM HD 422 as an Easy Setup. I have never loved XDCAM HD because of its reduced color space. Now they finally have a 4:2:2 compression scheme as well and I'm going to do some tests which will hopefully change my opinion.

Second Apple says this update resolves the issue some people have had when FCP would mistakingly say a project was unreadable or too new for the current version of FCP. Now who says Apple isn't listening or isn't reading the message boards ??

Three, it includes a new Plugin Manager that solves the issues of breaking links with FxPlugs after updating Pro Apps. Again, Big Steve is listening to you!

But the most appealing update is in Compressor. As we all know, Compressor always asks us if it can make us a nice cup of coffee while waiting for a looong format conversion. Up to now we only had the choice between black and cream coffee. With this update we can also select latte and cappucino. This has been a major request for years, especially from Italian FCP User Groups, and now it's finally here. And I must say, the cappucino is delicious. Avid, eat your heart out!

Best wishes,

Ronny

Re: New Pro Apps update (June 28, 2008 03:39AM) Chris Poisson
Ronnie,

That's hilarious, thanks for the chuckle!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login