Re: Floating Titel

Floating Titel (June 27, 2008 09:23AM) Gunther Maier
Hi All,

I am trying to have a Photo with a drop shadow on top of a moving image. What is the best way to do this and in which Program?
Also are there good templates out there for Motion
Re: Floating Title (June 27, 2008 02:25PM) David Harbsmeier
>I am trying to have a Photo with a drop shadow on top of a moving image. What is the best way to do this and in which Program?

FCP or FCE can do it. Place the moving object clip on V1. Place the photo on V2 above the moving object clip. In the Timeline, double click the photo to load it into the Viewer window. Click on the Motion tab and open the Drop Shadow control to set the parameters for the shadow. All parameters are keyframe-able.

-DH

Re: Floating Title (June 28, 2008 08:37AM) Gunther Maier
David, thanks for the tip.
Re: Floating Titel (June 28, 2008 10:32AM) Gunther Maier
Ok, I made a PSD image with a transparent background but it still shows up in FCP with a white background?
Re: Floating Titel (June 28, 2008 11:42AM) David Harbsmeier
In Photoshop, did you check the box named "Save Alpha Channels" during the Save or Save As operation?

-DH
Re: Floating Titel (June 29, 2008 04:46AM) Gunther Maier
No I have not. I will try that, then use the same procedure in FCP? Thanks again.
Re: Floating Titel (June 30, 2008 08:04AM) Gunther Maier
David, it must be Monday... but I cannot in SAVE or SAVE AS in Photoshop to get the Alpha Channels to click on regardless what format I choose?

Re: Floating Titel (June 30, 2008 10:43AM) David Harbsmeier
Does your image actual HAVE a transparent background? In Photoshop, look in the Layers palette to see if the bottom layer is empty.

-DH
Re: Floating Titel (June 30, 2008 11:01AM) Gunther Maier
yes it has a transparent background
Re: Floating Titel (June 30, 2008 11:12AM) David Harbsmeier
Try emailing the image file to me and I'll try it on my Mac with FCP to see what happens.

-DH
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login