Re: Animated title treatment

Animated title treatment (July 07, 2008 12:07PM) philsfilm
Hi Ken,

I'm looking for an animated title treatment which I've seen in many movie trailers and commercials.
The letters of the title separate horizontally so they appear to spread apart. I've checked Live Type and I don't see it.
Any idea where I might locate it?

Thanks,
Phil
Re: Animated title treatment (July 07, 2008 12:23PM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Phil,

This is pretty easy to do in Motion, set your text and then apply a text behavior.

--ken
Re: Animated title treatment (July 07, 2008 12:35PM) philsfilm
OK, so I create the text in Boris, create a sequence and then import to Motion?
Re: Animated title treatment (July 07, 2008 12:39PM) Ken Stone Admin
No, create the text in Motion, I don't know if you can apply behaviors to imported text.

--ken
Re: Animated title treatment (July 07, 2008 01:24PM) philsfilm
Just figured out it can be done in FCP controls of Boris Title tool. It's simple: using keyframes just set Tracking positions of the text and then render. Voila!
Re: Animated title treatment (July 07, 2008 12:45PM) philsfilm
OK, I'll give it a shot. I haven't used Motion to create any titles yet, just visual effects applied to existing scenes.
Re: Animated title treatment (July 09, 2008 11:50AM) Chris Poisson
Phil,

Animating tracking in Boris is horrible, wait, animating almost anything in Boris is horrible, you can easily do this in Motion, or better yet, After Effects. I'm sure you can do it in Live Type too, although the animating controls are somewhat hidden.
Re: Animated title treatment (July 09, 2008 10:14PM) philsfilm
Well, I went thru the text behaviors in Motion and couldn't find the exact movement I was looking for. I can delve into After Effects. I'll check Live Type, too and look for the animating controls.
The effect I'm looking to do is really quite simple (spreading the letters of the title apart horizontally) and setting keyframes (at the beginning and a wider position at the end of the clip) in the tracking section of the Controls did the trick.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login